Main figures of the hosting institution
The University of Debrecen comprises 14 faculties and has close to 32,000 students, out of which 5,500 are internationals. UD was awarded the titles “Research University” (in 2010) and “University of National Excellence” (in 2012) by the Hungarian Government.
The Faculty of Engineering has been awarded several prizes for high quality education „The North Great Plain Quality” and the „Recognized for Excellence by the Hungarian Association for Excellence” prizes in 2008 and „Higher Education Quality Prize in 2011.
Some figures to show our dynamic development:
- over 3,400 students
- over 1,000 international students
- a highly-qualified and enthusiastic teaching staff of about 100 members
We are proud to announce that in the academiy year 2021/2022, the Faculty of Engineering launched its new English-language training programme, Vehicle Engineering BSc, with two available specialisations: Automotive Vehicle Engineering and Vehicle Manufacturing.
First-year numbers of the academic year 2022/2023:
- Civil Engineering BSc: 35 students
- Mechanical Engineering BSc: 48 students
- Mechatronics Engineering BSc: 67 students
- Professional Pilot BSc: 43 students
- Vehicle Engineering BSc: 9 students
- Engineering Management MSc: 58 students
- Environmental Engineering MSc: 12 students
- Mechanical Engineering MSc: 16 students
- Mechatronical Engineering MSc: 18 students
- Urban Systems Engineering MSc: 11 students
- Strategic Engineering and Sustainability Leadership Postgraduate course: 15 students
- Lean Engineer/Manager Postgraduate Specialist Training Course: 6 students