|Mechatronics Engineering BSc
|Mechatronic Systems Specialization
|Field and branch of training
|Engineering; mechanical, transportation, mechatronics engineering
|Mode of attendance
|Faculty responsible for the training
|Faculty of Engineering
|Responsible for the major
|Géza Husi PhD habil associate professor
|Responsible for the specialization
|Géza Husi PhD habil associate professor
The objective of the programme is to train mechatronics engineers who have the competence to integrate engineering with electronics, electrotechnics and computer control in a synergetic way. They are able to complete routine design, operation and maintenance of mechatronics equipment and processes, intelligent machinery, introduce and apply mechatronics technologies, organize energy-efficient and environmental processes and production management, complete average tasks on engineering development and design considering the needs of international labour market. They are prepared to continue their studies in the graduate programme.
Professional competences to be acquired
- the applied materials and their production, characteristics in the field of mechatronics and the conditions of their application.
- the systems, sensors and actuators of mechatronics, electromechanical, information, motion control and their structural units, fundamental operation in engineering, in electrotechnics and in controlling.
- the fundamental design principles, methods in mechatronics including engineering and precision constructions and the fundamentals of designing analogue and digital circuits.
- the fundamental methods of calculation, modelling and simulation of engineering, electrical and control systems.
- the instruments, sub-assemblies, fundamental design and programming methods of computerized control, measurement data collection, embedded systems, optical detections, image processing
- the fundamental measurement procedures and their tools, equipment, measurement instruments applied in electronics and engineering.
- the domestic and international standards, regulations.
- the security, health and environmental protection (SHE), common standards of quality management and controlling (QA/QC) related to his/her professional field.
- the fundamentals of the professional field, limits and requirements of logistics, management, environmental protection, quality assurance, occupational health, information technology, law, economics.
- the methods of learning, knowledge acquisition, data collection and their ethical constraints, problem-solving techniques.
- the basics of corporate finance and the methods and tools of cost-benefit analysis on the basis of engineering.
He/She is able to
- apply basic calculations, modelling principles, methods in the field of engineering, electrotechnics and controlling related to product design, apply the technologies of mechatronics, electromechanics, movement control.
- understand and describe the structure, the operation of units and elements of mechatronic systems, the configuration and connection of system elements in engineering, electrotechnics and control technique.
- apply technical standards related to operating mechatronic systems and intelligent machines from the aspects of mechanical engineering, electrotechnics, and controlling, comprehend their economical correspondences.
- control and monitor manufacturing processes considering the elements of quality assurance and quality control.
- diagnose errors, select the right error treatment from the aspects of mechanical engineering, electrotechnics, control technique.
- integrate knowledge in the field of electronics, mechanical engineering and informatics, apply systems thinking, enter into negotiations with experts from different fields, clearly present his/her thoughts in writing and speaking alike.
- understand and use the online and printed literature of his/her professional field in English and his/her mother tongue, continuously develop the aforementioned skills.
- complete monotonous practical tasks with perseverance.
- work in groups and accept his/her status in a group and identify himself/herself with it.
- aspires to play an integrating role in connecting the fields of engineering, informatics, electrical engineering and life sciences.
- aspires to have a continuous self-education in the field of mechatronics, especially applied mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and informatics and other professional fields related to his/her work which should be in accordance with his/her professional goals.
- aspires to solve tasks and make leadership decisions by taking into account his/her co-workers' opinions and cooperating with them.
- is open and receptive to applying new modern innovative procedures, methods especially in the field of ecological planning, health-consciousness.
- aspires to familiarize himself/herself with the best methods and latest professional developments in his/her field.
- works by taking into account the norms of ethics.
- shares his/her experience with his/her co-workers to support their development.
- his/her authonomy and responsibility
- selects and applies the relevant problem-solving methods on his/her own.
- shall take responsibility for his/her decisions, statements in design tasks and other related documents, work processes completed by him/her or under his/her control.
- shall become involved in projects of research and development related to his/her work. To achieve the aims he/she applies his/her theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in cooperation with other group memebers.
- is supervising the work of personnel he/she is in charge of, monitoring the operation of machines and facilities per instruction of his/her superior.
- is evaluating the efficiency, successfulness and safety of his/her inferiors’ work, keeps track of facilitating professional development of his/her co-workers, assists them with such endeavours.