On this page you can find the most important information about the program. Please note there can be differences in the details of the programs depending on the starting year (for example the way the diplom grade is calculated), so it is important to choose according to your starting year!
|Major||Civil Engineering Undergraduate Program|
|Specializations available||Structural Engineering Specialization|
|Field, branch||Engineering; civil engineering and earth sciences|
|Mode of attendance||Full-time|
|Faculty||Faculty of Engineering|
|Program coordinator||Dr Imre Kovács, Head of Department, College Professor|
|Person in charge of the specialization||Dr László Radnay, College Associate Professor, Structural Engineering Specialization|
|Program length||8 semesters|
Professional competencies to be acquired:
- the most frequently applied structural materials, their properties and their terms of application in the field of civil engineering.
- the essential design principles and methods applied in civil engineering.
- the essential processes in building technology, the operating principles of applied equipment and machineries
- the methods and principles of groundwork, geomechanics.
- the most frequently applied procedures of measurement and survey in civil engineering and their tools, instruments, measuring machinery.
- the professional theoretical and practical building-maintenance methods of bridge art.
- information and information communication methods and procedures in association with his/her profession.
- major standards in the field of civil engineering
- the major work and fire safety requirements and environmental protection regulations in the field of civil engineering.
- the basics of logistics, management and quality assurance, law, economics forms an integral part of civil works.
- the methods of data collection ,learning and their ethical limitations in the field of civil engineering.
He/She is able to
- understand behaviour of buildings and phenomena that affect engineering work.
- apply models of civil engineering design and methods of calculation.
- apply technical specifications on building constructions and operation.
- communicate in engineering way (eg. through drawings).
- achieve as a technical leader, civil engineering inspector and constructing, accessibility, maintenance, operation, enterprise, administration tasks in every field of civil engineering.
- achieve civil engineering subtasks in the field of urban system operation and engineering
- solve simple design and development tasks individually in narrower field of civil engineering, participate in complex design and development tasks with his/her civil engineering knowledge.
- work up and apply technical literature.
He/She is capable to
- complete tasks at high quality to the best of his/her ability
- be open to complete his/her tasks individually but in collaboration with other participants.
- endeavour to solve tasks and make decision with learning the opinion of the directed colleagues preferably in harmony with it.
- be open to learn professional and technological development in the field of civil engineering and preferably his/her restricted specialty.
- aim at continuous self-training.
- pay attention to the principles and application of environment protection, quality politics, equal access, the principles of health and safety at work and engineering ethics. He/she takes care of facilitating and treating employees’ professional improvement
d) authonomy and responsibility
- makes decisions on simple design, structural, maintenance-operation, enterprise and authority tasks in the field of civil engineering.
- manages and controls his/her staff according to his/her leader’s guidance of his/her leader, checks the operation of applied equipment and machinery.
- evaluates the efficiency, security of the staff work.
- monitors the legal, technical, technological and administrative changes in the professional field.